I’ve been reminded today that I didn’t post a Seven Saturday. I blame my husband; as he came over for the weekend. Thus, my Saturday morning consisted of my first thought being “One day I’ll wake up like this every day…” followed my breakfast of Battenberg cake in bed. I’m grateful for every moment I had with him and bear the next six lonely weeks with as much gratitude as I can.
- Warm water – just cupping it in my hands form the tap gives me such a liberating feel.
- Water – drinking fresh, cool water; feeling it revitalising my body.
- My Books – my current novel; providing an escape to a world of fantasy, or the books which enlighten me by expanding my knowledge. I do love my books!
- My NaNo Novel – a chance to paint pictures with words; a creative task I used to do daily but has gotten lost over the years.
- My family – being loved by my husband, pack-mate and brother; by Kami and those who accept me here at University.
- You guys! – Those of you read and comment; who support me in time of need and congratulate and celebrate my achievements with me.
- Music – a constant source of pleasure for ,e; from Disturbed, Bodom and Rammstein to Delain, Lacuna Coil or Sigur Ros.
- Healthy meals – I swear each time I have rice [4-5 times a year, it seems] I fall in love with it. I’m so blessed to be able to make such nutritious meals to fuel my mind and body.
- The weather – it’s FREEZING [well.. more like 8 degrees C, but still cold!] but the sky is a gorgeous blue, the sun is shining; much like a story book scene.
- Health – I’ve had a bit of a cough and some abdominal pains and cold symptoms etc; but my health overall has been good for the last couple of years. I used to get a cold which lasted around 5 months of the year; now it lasts a couple of weeks like everyone else’s.
- The warmth of the sun on my face – though the wind chill factor almost removed it; the odd moments where the breeze died were blissful and I could feel the power seeping into me.
- Tea – I do love my herbal teas. Green, Chai, Peppermint, Nettle and Fennel are my current favourites for the winter.
- The simplicity of this weekend – it’s somewhat rare [4-6 weeks between weekends] but the simplicity of just waking in his arms, having breakfast in bed, sharing the cooking duties [see picture]; eating together at the table, candlelit evenings with a movie… the joy of those homely gestures; of the promise of our future together. They’re everything.
- Scent – be it incense, washing powder or air freshener; refreshing, revitalising or preparing the mood for sacred time.
- Light – sun, moon or candle.
- The plants and trees which cleanse our air.
- Hob Nobs. Yes, you read that right. ❤ my oat biscuits.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – sharing ice cream, macaroons and rose cider with my other half to celebrate almost 3 years together.
- Dancing – Revitalises my body while my soul sings in joy.
- My sense of humour – though my temper’s shorter than a staple, my jokes are a strong weapon.
- Iron Tablets – Act as aid to my body’s main functions.
What are you grateful for this week?
I’ve just finished the last book in the Circle Trilogy [Nora Roberts]. I must have read it the 2-3 times now and it still makes me cry. –sob- So here’s my question to you; which book should I embark on reading next?
- The Life of Pi
- The Time Traveller’s Wife
- Memoirs of a Geisha
- City Dharma [yet to finish]
Have a wonderful week and stay safe.